Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 3: ComUnion

Day 3 was spent largely inside the hotel, which is a bit of a shame when in a country as beautiful as Guatemala. However, it was a day where the presentations were exclusively in Spanish. If you know me you know that means I understood about every fifty words. Fortunately, we were given headsets to listen to translations of the speakers. It was like being at the UN.

Though we were inside most of the day, I did get to go for a run in the afternoon. I was able to avoid the rush hour cars enough to realize running at 5000 feet is hell lungs.

In the evening we shared communion and then blessed all of our brothers and sisters who live, serve and celebrate good news in the hard places of Guatemala. I wish I had recorded the group singing Amazing Grace in Spanish and English. It was muy bonita.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken, thanks for blogging this. I am enjoying following along with your travels!

    ReplyDelete